Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wonderful book, to say the least

I just finished reading Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John and Stasi Eldredge and it was such a good book.  It was so healing, empowering, humbling.  I now see how God sees me, and not how I've seen myself for so long.  It does talk a lot about horrible childhoods and horrible marriages, neither of which I had/have, but I did have a few instances in my life that left marks.  This book allowed me to forgive those people in my past that left wounds on my heart, and therefore begin to heal. 

 I could feel God's presence when I was reading this book.  He was right there, translating for me, when the human aspect got in the way of my understanding.  I just can't say enough good things about this book.

I'd write a full review, but then I might feel I'm back in school, which if you know me, you'll know that school is the last place I want to be.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment