Monday, May 8, 2006

My favorite time of day

When asked what my favorited smell in the entire world is, I always answer "The top of Savannah's head." You could line up 10 different children in front of me, put a blind fold on my eyes, and I could 'sniff' out my own child.

So, as I'm sitting in our bed last night, rocking Savannah to sleep, I continue to smell the top of her head. Complete happiness washes over me, and I realize: this my favorite time of the day. It's a time where I can not only reflect on the happenings of the day, but where I can just hold my very busy toddler. Yes, she hugs and kisses me throughout the day, but nothing compares to that moment when she is lying in my lap with her sleepy head in my arms. Could it be any better? The answer is yes. Very softly, in almost a whisper I hear her say "Night-night, mommy. I 'fuff you." Yes. This is my favorite time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment