Friday, October 10, 2008

Temple of God

1 Corinthians 6:19-20


What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

I have to humbly admit I've let my temple go.  I know how it happened and it's something I've struggled with since probably high school.  I remember going on my first diet around my sophomore year.  It seems like ever since then I've had trouble keeping my weight in check.  And honestly, it's just because I have such unhealthy eating habits.  Not to mention the fact that I'm lazy.  I don't want to claim that, but I do have to admit it.

So, I'm officially changing my ways TODAY!  I'm hoping to update weekly with what I've done (or haven't done) to adopt a more healthy way of living for me as well as Savannah.

First: No more fast food.  The only fast food I will allow myself or Savannah to consume (Wayne is on his own) is In-N-Out and that is only every once in awhile.

Second: Some sort of exercise every day.  Even if it's just a walk around the block.  This body will be moving.

I'm considering these next photos BEFORE photos.  I want to post progress pictures, but I think I'll do that monthly instead of weekly.  We'll see.

*deep breath*  Here they are...







These may not seem all that horrible to you, and really they aren't.  I am blessed with legs that work to go hiking, great friends, and a beautiful daughter, but I am honestly 30 pounds overweight.  I currently weight, by my home scale, 170 pounds.  I'd like to be around 140.

With the help of the Lord, I will be an overcomer.  See you in a week!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!
    I personally think your BEFORE pictures are not at all horrible-- they're BEAUTIFUL. :)

    I had a rude awakening at the doctor's office about 6 weeks ago when I was weighed....
    A bunch of girlfriends and I started our own "biggest loser" challenge.
    I, too, decided to be more conscious about what I was eating... and starting exercising... and lo and behold, I started losing weight.
    I don't own a scale myself, but I know I've lost about 10 lbs. I really haven't changed WHAT I eat as much as HOW MUCH I eat. And it's amazing what a little exercise can do for a body....

    Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear about your success!! :)

    ReplyDelete