Sunday, July 6, 2008

I'm so over sippy cups...

And I should be, right?  I mean, Savannah will be 5 in October and she still drinks out of a sippy cup.  I know it's my fault.  I should have "weaned" her a long time ago, but until recently, I didn't realize how difficult that would be.  I think I literally have to wean her from it!  I think it has become a sort of pacifier, if you will.  If we are out and about and I have forgotten her "juicy" she'll throw a fit.  "JUICY!  I need my juicy mommy!"

Today, I decided that I'd put her juice (which is 80% water and 20% white grape juice) in a cup with a straw.  She said it was yucky.  She only wants it out of a sippy cup.  *sigh*

She will drink it out of her Foogo though.  But those things are expensive!  But, not so baby-ish as your traditional sippy cup, so I think that I'll be investing in a few more of those.  Luckily, they come in pink and purple, her favorite colors.  ;)

I do believe that I will allow her to continue to bring a sippy cup to bed though.  That way I can make sure that she doesn't spill all over her bed and I won't have to wake up to her calling "JUICY!  I need my juicy mommy!"

2 comments:

  1. I am having the toughest time weaning Jack from a sippy cup also! He LOVES them. We have some of the Klean Kanteens cups. They have interchangeable sippy cup tops and water bottle tops. I've been trying to give Jack the water bottle tops instead of the sippy, and sometimes it works. Sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Jack is still pretty little. LOL!

    That's actually another thing I like about the Foogo. It seems a bit more eco friendly than the regular sippy cup. I was thinking of getting the Klean Kanteens awhile back. Perhaps I'll check into those too.

    Thanks for making the transfer here with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete