Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Not-so-guilty" pleasure

Trader Joe's Gone Bananas! Chocolate Dipped Bananas.  It's my newest not-so-guilty pleasure.  I ran into a friend of mine from high school at Trader Joe's.  Between talking about pregnancy, kids, and old friends she pulled out a box of Gone Bananas!  "Have you tried these?"  I hadn't, and actually I've never really been a big fan of frozen bananas, mostly because when I'm going to get a desert, I want it to be ice cream, or a brownie, or a piece of cake.  I have been staying away from deserts though, because I have in recent months put on a few (*cough* 15 *cough*) pounds.  She made a good point though.  It's a fruit.  Plain and simple.  It's a frozen banana.  Sure, it's got a hard chocolate coating, but in the scheme of things, that's nothing!  I picked up a box.

I brought the box home, and Wayne and I had one for desert that night.  He said that the first few bites were really good but then it just became "ok."  I loved it the entire time!  I thought it was so yummy.  I looked up the Weight Watchers points, and it's only 4.  That may seem like a lot for a desert but remember, 2 of those points are from a banana.  Not so high anymore, huh?

Conclusion:  Trader Joe's Gone Bananas! Chocolate Dipped Bananas is a new staple in the Fox household.  Are they as good as a big bowl of Extreme Moosetracks ice cream?  No.  But they come is close second.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, they may not be as good as moose tracks, but when you compare the calories I think that makes it worth it to settle for something healthier yet still sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those sound great. I have never seen those are Trader Joe's. I need to head to TJ today or tomorrow so I will look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is so funny!!!!
    I just found your blog through facebook, and thought I'd give it a look-see.
    And SURPIRSE!! This post. SO GLAD YOU LIKE THEM!!!!!!
    And here's the funny part, I was going to say something about "frozen bananas" on your wall the other day when we were talking, but I wasn't sure if you would "get it" or not.
    Is 9:00am too early to have a frozen banana? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is never too early for a frozen banana...my kids love Chocolate milk for breakfast and I would rather not give that to them at night...SO hey have a chocolate covered bananna in the am and maybe the day will be that much happier

    ReplyDelete